For the treatment of dry eye, meibomian gland dysfunction and ocular rosacea.
- Safe, non-invasive procedure performed in office
- Simply lay back with the mask on and relax as the warm light clears your glands
- 15 minutes per session, may need 3-5 sessions to see maximum results
- No recovery time needed
- No side effects or discomfort
- Safe for adults and children
- LLLT may also help decrease the appearance of facial wrinkles, acne and rosacea/li>
What does LLLT do for my dry eye?
- Heats the meibomian glands and liquefying the meibum/oil inside of the glands.
- Activation of fibroblasts and enhancing the synthesis of new collagen fibers.
- Decreases the bacterial and pathogen load on the eyelids.
- Interferes with the inflammatory cycle by regulation of anti-inflammatory agents and MMPs.
- Reduces the turnover of skin epithelial cells and decreases the risk of physical obstruction of the meibomian glands.
- Changes in the levels of reactive oxidative species.
Not sure if LLLT is the right treatment for you? Dr. Roth can let you know if you are a good candidate at your annual eye exam or come in anytime for a dry eye consultation.